Wednesday, December 7, 2011

C4K November Summary Post



During the month of November I had the pleasure of viewing and commenting on two class blogs and one students blog. I found this very helpful in pushing me to learn how to upgrade my own blog. It is also exciting to see how students are having fun while they are learning different things about history, other cultures, and technology.
students using laptops with teacher in class

The first blog I viewed, Mr. McClung's World, beongs to the class of Mr. McClung. He is a 8th grade History middle school teacher in Fayetteville, Arkansas. McClung's class blog is very educational and fun. It makes learning about history so much more interesting because it contains so many different methods of presenting the information. The blog shows me that his History class is not the usual "read this chapter and answer the questions at the end" kind of class. His class even uses the laptops to take test on instead of wasting paper. I enjoyed learning from his blog and I am sure his students really enjoy it to. I was able to watch the slide show on Humanity and Renaissance. Some of his students created a presentation comparing the people and how they changed over time. Mr. McClung does a really good job of incorporating technology use in his classroom. I believe his History class is probably the most fun of all other class blogs I have viewed. 

The next blog that I viewed was the blog of Mrs. Yollis'  Classroom Blog. She is a 3rd grade teacher. Her blog is very amazing and has so much going on. You will definitely not go bored in a class like hers just by looking at her class blog. I view her blog and then I looked at a world project in which she and her students are involved in. It is called Our World, Our Stories. It is a blog that involves her class and five other classes from different countries. Students are able to connect with others through commenting on blogs each class post every week. It is one different class per week. After looking over the blog I commented on a blog posted by Mr. Salsich and his class from the Connecticut. The blog post was about traditional songs in each country. Being from the United States also his class choose the song "Take Me Out to the Ball Game". The class sings it and it is so adorable. I commented telling them how well they did. They made me want to attend a baseball game because I have not sang that song in a long long time. I mentioned a fun sport I like to watch, which is football, and how I cheer for Alabama. Roll Tide!

Last but not least I commented on Zion's blog. Zion is a 6th grade student from New Zealand. He wrote a story about blasting off to Saturn and meeting some aliens. The story was very descriptive and contained a lot of adjectives. In my comment I told him how he helped me see the story in my mind. He did a really good job and was able to express his creativity and typing skills through the blog. It is great how students are allowed so much access to computers and able to grow and broaden their education through. technology.  

Commenting on C4K has allowed me to see so many different things. It definitely broadened my outlook on technology and has totally helped me with my creativity. Thanks everyone!



No comments:

Post a Comment