Sunday, December 4, 2011

Blog #14

a cartoon character called a voki

 Jose Picardo is the Head of Modern Foreign Languages at Nottingham High School and is the 2011 edublog winner! In his Top Ten Tips for using technology in the classroom Video he has introduced two things new to me that I feel my class can grow and progress from. The first is using interactive exercises. Using contentgenerator.net one can make their own excercises that cater to the students needs. The software may cost but will be worth the money because it will make class work much more interesting. Students will not grow as bored using e-learning and playing games to learn. It is also easy for first time users because it requires no coding. That is definitely a plus.
 Another tip I found useful is using internet tools such as a Voki or Animoto. Voki is a way to create an avatar and allow it to speak for you. One can post it to any blog or website and allow it to deliver what ever message one wants. This is fun and cool and attracts everyone. Especially being that one can add their own voice to it! Another thing is the Animoto which is a software that allows on to make videos out of slides and photos with music that is free and more interesting than the plain power point. I plan to learn about these and use them now to learn them so that I can use them in my future classroom!

1 comment:

  1. Dominique,

    Sounds like you really liked Jose Picardo's blog and tips! I am glad you have found that you will be able to use some of them in your classroom.

    ReplyDelete