Sunday, October 30, 2011

C4T #3



I had the pleasure of commenting on Scott Elias Blog Do I Dare Disturb the Universe recently. He is the principal of Conrad Ball Middle School in Loveland, Colorado. He is currently working on receiving his PhD at Colorado State University. He is very passionate about his job which is very obvious through his podcasts and blog posts.
Group of teachers talking around a tableI commented on two of his blogs. The first blog in which I commented on was Back in Action. He discussed having not blogged in a long time. He had a lot of things going on which is not hard to believe being a school principal with so many responsibilities as well as working on his PhD. I told him how I admired him pushing himself through all he has and working on his PhD. I hope to be like him and with determination and a goal in mind I will!
The next blog I posted on was Engaging Students in Instructional Rounds. This blog was about how to improve instruction based off off Richard Elmore's Instructional Rounds in Education. Through this project he hopes that the schools instruction will improve through communication and observation. My comment to him touched on the fact that he is passionate about education and how his teachers are educating. He cares enough to begin a project that will allow teachers to grow and providing the best possible education to their students. We do need to be able to observe the way in which our lessons reach our students. We want to do our best so that the students are able to do their best and not fall behind. I look forward to more of his blog post so that as a student right now I may see the educators perspective from his place. 

3 comments:

  1. I am glad you found this teacher's blog so enjoyable and interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's great to see that you have a great deal of determination within you just like Mr. Elias. I hope you keep that fire lit and good luck throughout the year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This teachers blog sounds like an interesting one. Its great that he is so determined and finishing his PhD. His project sounds like a great idea to help teachers grow and help kids keep up to where they're supposed to be in their schooling.

    ReplyDelete