Saturday, October 15, 2011

C4K Summary Post

little girl sitting in front of a computer

In September I commented on two students blog post. I find doing this fun and interesting because it allows me a chance to help these students in some way. Whether it is encouragement or providing some new content or questions that will help strengthen their creativity and education, I'll do what I can.

The name of my comments for kids (C4K) students are Kyle and Kevin. Kyle's teacher asked the class what was the most interesting desert animal to them and to blog. Kyle chose the sidewinder rattlesnake. He mentioned that the sidewinder is found in sand or at a desert. Also that they are normally seen at night. I described the snake having horns on its head and I told him that they are normally found in the west part of the U.S. I then asked him questions that would engage him in finding out more about the states the sidewinder is located. I also asked what his favorite parts of the book were.

Kevin wrote a thank you letter that I commented on that was posted onto St. Elmo's blog. His letter and many other students letters were written to Lucy Buffet, who donated iPads to their school. His letter thanked her for internet use, iPads, and donations for field trips. I thought all of the letters were so cute. I told him about how I learn to use the Mac in EDM 310 as he learns to use the iPad. I also told him how I was proud of him for thanking her and using the iPad to type his thank you letter.

Computer use and blogging for these children enables them use of technology that will strengthen their creativity. They will be able to work through things and situations in life wisely by building their thinking skills. Some are not as fortunate but hopefully all schools will have the technology to help children prepare for the future.

(Sources for information obtained by St. Elmo's blog (Letters for Lucy) and Kyles blog.)

No comments:

Post a Comment